Our top 5 tips for selecting an exterior colour scheme for your home
Exterior colour scheme tips
- The key is to build your colour scheme around the elements that will not change, such as the roof, stone, bricks, fencing etc.
- Natural materials like wood, clay, terracotta and sandstone are best suited to warmer tones and concrete materials in greys and blue are best suited to cooler tones.
- Green greys work well with foliage. Greenery also looks stunning against black and charcoal tones such as Grey Ember, Colorbond® Monument and Colorbond® Nightsky.
- For seamless indoor/outdoor flow, continue a similar colour scheme throughout, or add in pops of colour in accessories in both the interior and exterior of your home.
- If you like a particular colour from one of our Wattyl palette cards available in-store, you can create a beautiful tonal scheme by selecting a lighter tone for the wood trim, mid tone for the walls and darker tone for any contrasting features.
To book in your personalised colour consolation visit https://wattyl.com.au/colour-services/colour-consultation/
Colours: Colorbond® Nightsky fencing and pergola and Dawn Grey on the feature wall.
Articles you may also like
The power of paint to transform a room remains unrivalled, ...
After more than a decade at the forefront of interior ...